EA Podcast | Episode 10
The Bolsonaro administration in Brazil had campaigned on major pension, tax, and privatization reforms. Maurício Bento, an economist with the São Paulo Court of Accounts and with the Property Rights Alliance, explains which ones have succeeded, which ones have not, and why.
- Follow Maurício on Twitter, LinkedIn, and visit the Property Rights Alliance.
- Read our backgrounder on Panama’s new medical cannabis law.
- “Brazil’s Pension Reform: A Herculean Task,” by Maurício Bento.
- “Brazil Raises US$600 Million in Privatization Auction of 22 Airports,” Reuters.
- “Can Brazil’s Pension Reform Kick-Start the Economy?” Financial Times.
- “Brazil Has Two Ongoing Tax Reform Bills. It Could End 2022 without Neither,” the Brazilian Report.
- “How the Pandemic Drove Brazilians to Stocks,” Econ Americas.
- “Neobanks a Game-Changer for Unbanked in Brazil,” Econ Americas.