Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) took office on December 1, 2018, after scoring a landslide victory that defeated traditional ruling parties.
A progressive, AMLO ran on a campaign for increased spending on social programs without tax hikes or increasing the public debt. How he balances those two major goals amid harsher economic conditions will define his presidency.
- What are AMLO’s most salient promises and how is he fulfilling them?
- Is the Mexican economy heading toward a crisis?
- What will AMLO do to tackle violence in Mexico?
- Why are Mexicans worried about the concentration of power?
- Is there an end in sight for Mexico’s drug war?
Antigua Report Analysis
- “Mexican Peso Ready to Tumble,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “Why Obrador Will Make Mexico More Corrupt,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “The Mexican Economy versus AMLO,” Gold Newsletter Podcast with Gloria Álvarez.
Please wait while the flipbook is loading. If this message is displayed for more than few seconds, then please consider upgrading your browser and read the FAQS from the flipbook wordpress plugin page. The plugin requires modern HTML5 technology to work properly. Thanks for your patience. To navigate click on next and previous arrows.