Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) took office on December 1, 2018, after scoring a landslide victory that defeated traditional ruling parties.
A progressive, AMLO ran on a campaign for increased spending on social programs without tax hikes or increasing the public debt. How he balances those two major goals amid harsher economic conditions will define his presidency.
- What are AMLO’s most salient promises and how is he fulfilling them?
- Is the Mexican economy heading toward a crisis?
- What will AMLO do to tackle violence in Mexico?
- Why are Mexicans worried about the concentration of power?
- Is there an end in sight for Mexico’s drug war?
- “Mexican Peso Ready to Tumble,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “Why Obrador Will Make Mexico More Corrupt,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “The Mexican Economy versus AMLO,” Gold Newsletter Podcast with Gloria Álvarez.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.