In the first quarter of 2019, the student-loan debt reached its highest point ever. Around 44.7 million US borrowers hold a student loan, who collectively owe $1.56 trillion. Among consumer debts in the United States, it is only surpassed by mortgages.
- What is the size of the student-loan crisis in the United States? How many borrowers have defaulted?
- Which universities and careers stand out as problematic?
- What are some private-loan alternatives to public subsidies?
- What are prominent presidential candidates promising to do about the crisis?
- “Student Loans Are Exploitation in Disguise,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson
- “A Solution to Student-Loan Crisis: No More Risk-Free Loans,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson
- “Indebted Students Have Themselves to Blame,” Gold Newsletter, podcast by Fergus Hodgson with Bob Zadek
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to dFlip 3D Flipbook Wordpress Help documentation.