EA Podcast | Episode 3
In most developed countries, cryptoassets are mainly speculation assets. In Latin America, on the other hand, they function as money and cross-border payment vehicles. Cristóbal Pereira, a Chilean entrepreneur and financial educator, explains the crypto industry’s potential for the millions of unbanked and underbanked.
- Follow Cristóbal on Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Visit LatAm Tech.
- Read our backgrounder on Brazilian neobanks.
- “Chilean Court Orders Two Major Banks to Keep Open Checking Accounts of Crypto Exchange,” Bitcoin.com.
- “Bitcoin in Troubled Economies: The Potential of Cryptocurrencies in Argentina and Venezuela,” by Andrés Cifuentes.
- “Crypto Remittances Prove Their Worth in Latin America,” CoinDesk.
- “Brazilian Stock Exchange Approves Two New Crypto ETFs,” Cointelegraph.
- “First Bitcoin ETF Hits the Santiago Stock Exchange,” INA News.