EA Podcast | Episode 7
In 2020, Mexico surpassed Brazil as the largest recipient of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Latin America. For Rafael Ramírez de Alba, an economics professor and experienced financial consultant, there are plenty of investment opportunities in the auto industry, agriculture, construction, and tech.
- Follow Rafael on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Read our backgrounders on Mexico’s President AMLO and on Puerto Rico.
- “Foreign Direct Investment in Latin America Plunges amid Pandemic,” United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- “FDI in Mexico Hits Historic High in First Months of 2021,” Biz Latin Hub.
- “Bank of Mexico Shoots Down Billionaire Ricardo Salinas’s Plans to Bring Bitcoin to Banco Azteca,” Bloomberg News.
- “Perspectivas económicas de los Estados Unidos,” Rafael Ramírez de Alba.
- “Worst Yet to Come for Developing Economies, BIS Warns,” Financial Times.
- “US Companies Ready to Tap Into Mexico’s Legal Marijuana Industry,” Border Report.
- The AI-First Company: How to Compete and Win with Artificial Intelligence by Ash Fontana.